I’m really excited to share Epsiode 2 of Robust Health Radio with you!
Our guest is fitness aficionada, protein and metabolism expert AND functional medicine practitioner, Dr. Gabrielle Lyon! Yup, she’s totally a rockstar!
In this episode Dr. Lyon teaches us:
- The important role of muscle tissue beyond it’s locomotive function in healthy aging.
- How muscle protects you from common age related maladies including diabetes and heart disease.
- Why what you’ve learned about dietary protein is likely wrong.
- Why you need more protein as you age.
- The nutritional variance between different protein sources.
- Why protein and mTOR are longevity friendly.
- Practical applications for ensuring you preserve your physical functioning and age gracefully.
We had a lot of fun and I learned a lot myself during this discussion! Give it a listen!
Follow Dr. Gabrielle Lyon’s work:
References from the show:
Revaluating protein requirements for healthy adults, the PROT-AGE study mentioned by Dr. Lyon.
Bauer, Jürgen, et al. “Evidence-based recommendations for optimal dietary protein intake in older people: a position paper from the PROT-AGE Study Group.” Journal of the american Medical Directors association 14.8 (2013): 542-559
The healthy nexus of aging!