There are many ways these diseases could be effecting you. You might feel depressed, irritable or anxious. You don’t have the energy to do the things that you love to do and the little you can do doesn’t bring you the joy it used to. Or perhaps you have tremendous joint pain and stiffness, can hardly get out of bed and you’d rather not lose your independence.
The goal is to help your body along with it’s capacity to heal itself, rather than work against it!
Who is Dr. Mitchell?
I’m a naturopathic physician whose focus is autoimmune disease and mood disorders.
Naturopathic Doctors are licensed health care providers able to diagnose and prescribe in the state of Arizona, who prioritize the manipulation of environmental factors in addressing your disease process and investigation geared towards finding the root cause of your illness.
That being said, my practice style is integrative, blending the best of both worlds, working alongside specialists and the standard of care.
Regardless of where you are on your health journey and whatever your goal is, my job is to work with you to get you there.
Conditions Dr. Mitchell treats in include:
Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis
Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis
Allergies, Asthma, Eczema
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Lab tests and treatments
Most patients I consult already carry a diagnosis of a rheumatologic or autoimmune disease. If they do not or I do not agree with another clinician’s conclusions (it happens), I work the patient up using guidelines established by the American College of Rheumatology. This means visiting the patients history, considering physical exam findings, blood counts, blood chemistries, disease activity markers and specificity markers (antibodies) and necessary referrals.
I differ a bit from some some of the local specialists in the area. For diagnostic testing I use:
- The Avise antibody panel through Exagen Diagnostics (Lupus, Rheumatoid, Sjogren’s, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Hashimoto’s)
- The FM/a cytokine screen through EpicGenetics for Fibromyalgia
In seeking the cause of your illness, I use specialty laboratories that most medical doctors will not order. What I use most commonly in this area is testing for food sensitivity, urine markers for gut dysbiosis, and stool testing for parasitology. But a complete list includes:
- Food Intolerance Testing
- Urine Organic Acids
- Parasitology/Dysbiosis via Stool PCR and microscopy
- Serum markers for Vitamin and Mineral status
- Urine markers for Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Urine markers for Mold Exposure
- NMR through Cleveland Heart Labs for Cardiovascular risk assessment
I’m sensitive to the fact that this second set of tests is not covered by insurance. While some patients have the resources to order all of the tests, others do not. I do my best to strategize the ordering of the tests based on your history.
An overview of the therapeutic modalities I may use in your case:
- Nutritional modification
- Low dose naltrexone
- Disease modifying anti-rheumatic agents
- Nutritional supplements and serbs
- Antibiotics (Vanberbilt and Mcpherson Protocols)
- Antifungal therapy
- Antiviral therapy
- IV nutrient therapy
- IV iron infusions
- NAD Infusions
- Chelation (Oral and/or IV)
- Thyroid hormone replacement
- Peptide therapies
- Frequency specific microcurrent
Where are you located?
If you’re not local, consultation services are available electronically. Please note – I cannot diagnose or treat any disease when working remotely. However I can discuss your lab work with you, what it may mean, and provide guidance with nutrition, lifestyle and supplements.
Insurance and Costs
Dr. Mitchell does not contract with any insurance companies and is an out of network provider. We can provide you with a receipt of services that you may submit to your insurance company complete with the doctors NPI #, EIN#, Diagnosis Codes, and Procedural codes. This applies only to patient who are seeking medical care.
Cost for medical services:
- In depth history taking to identify triggers/perpetuators of autoimmune disease
- Physical Exam
- Ordering of labs and imaging
- Routine Health Maintenance and monitoring
- Prescriptions if we both agree and deem necessary
- Development of treatment plan (prescription or nonprescriptions), modifications and reassessment
Initial Consultations (90 minutes): $295
Followup (45 minutes): $175
Cost for non medical services – Out of state individuals who would like to discuss other ideas or information they can take to their other health care providers or would like guidance with nutrition and supplements.
- Discussion of labs and past findings in an educational nature
- Discussion of of care with your current specialist to ensure your autoimmune disease is being monitored/treated appropriately
- Guidance with nutrition and dietary supplements
- No ordering of labs or imaging
- No diagnosis or treatment of a specific condition
Meetings over Phone, Facetime, WhatsApp, Zoom or Skype: $95 (per 30min)
Let’s get going! Let’s get you healthier!
If you’re ready to go, please download and complete the appropriate new client intake forms prior to your first visit.
You may bring the paperwork with you (if visiting in person). If out of state please email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your appointment.
You can call the clinic at (480) 609-4200 and schedule your office visit over the phone or schedule it electronically here
Out of state patients for non medical consultation
Have further questions? Before making a financial commitment it is advised that you set up a free 15 minute discovery visit.
Would you like to meet the doctor? Do you have questions about some of the investigative measures or alternative treatments? We look forward to meeting you!
Call and schedule a discovery visit with Michelle (480) 609-4200 or schedule electronically here
Any labs or past records you have please fax to 480-609-4233