Dr. Will Cole, leading functional-medicine expert, consults people around the world via webcam and locally in Pittsburgh. He specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing health programs for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal dysfunctions, digestive disorders, and brain problems.
Dr. Cole was named one of the top 50 functional-medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is a health expert and course instructor for the world’s largest wellness brands such as mindbodygreen and goop.
In episode 3 of lupus links we’ve got a functional medicine expert who helps men and women with autoimmune disease – Dr. Will Cole.
I had the pleasure of meeting Will Cole last year in Austin Texas @paleofx where I got to hear him speak on you’re the most relevant lab tests for most folks and their general heat.
In this episode he teaches us more about Lupus and the autoimmune spectrum. Additionally, we talk about a book he’s published The Ketotarian, an excellent dietary strategy for expediting your road to recovery.
In this episode we discuss:
- 2:00 An alternative to piling pill lists and chronic illness
- 6:30 A primer on Lupus and the spectrum of autoimmunity
- 11:25 Causes of the autoimmune spectrum
- 15:50 The most common causal factors
- 18:00 Why women get autoimmune disease more
- 21:00 The importance of your head and your heart, self-hatred and immune dysregulation
- 23:55 Finding what’s relevant for you, sifting through conflicting information and having a team
- 25:35 Plant based ketogenic diets
- 32:00 Benefits of a ketogenic diet and sorting yourself into the right category
- 39:00 Connecting with Dr. Cole
Connecting with Dr. Cole!